So yesterday Thomas got to become part of a tradition in my family. Being the daughter of a fireman, I remember my mom taking us up to a local grocery store parking lot, to watch my Dad go through town "code 3" (with lights and sirens on his firetruck). Well yesterday Jim called me as he was headed to a fire. He was going to cut through Ramona, and wanted me to bring Thomas up to watch him go through town code 3. So Thomas & I loaded up into the car, with my camera and headed up to the same area my mom took us years ago. Sure enough we heard Daddy coming down the road with his siren on, so we ran up to the road (on the sidewalk) and we got to see Daddy in his firetruck. I have posted the video and you have to watch it, with your volume turned up. Listen to what you hear at the end of the clip.
I know Jim was happy to have his son watch him. I had a few flashbacks of my childhood and how excited I got when I heard we were going to watch my dad go through town.
1 comment:
That was prescious Trish.
Post a Comment