May 23, 2013

Update on the process

We are so happy that God has answered another prayer of ours!!

We are moving forward in the process to adopt Hannah.  At this phase of the process we were waiting to get a new Adoptions Social Worker, who will be with us from now until the finalization.  I heard that we'd get a social worker out of the office that's closer to us.....North County.  I told Jim, it probably was a slim possibility, but I was praying that we'd get the same Social Worker that we had with Thomas's case. 
Well yesterday, I got a phone call from (caller ID) the County of SD.  So I answered it and heard a very familiar and friendly voice on the phone.  It was Sarah, Thomas's social worker.  She was calling to tell me that she was our adoptions worker with Hannah.  I instantly got chills up and down my spine.  An answer to prayer!!!
We are so excited that Miss Sarah is part of this process again.  She made Thomas's adoption process so much easier and she always had encouraging things to share with us.  What a relief!!!  Jim & I talked about how this will make this process seem easier.  We've always said Miss Sarah was part of our family, since she was Thomas's social worker, but now she really will be a BIG part of our lives, as she's the social worker for both kids!!!! 
Our next court date is in September, so we'll just be patient and do weekly visitations with Hannah's birth mom. 

Hannah has reached the 12 pounds mark and is changing a lot.  She now has a distinct laugh and she has a tickle spot that can make her smile!!  She's already wearing 6 month clothes and stretching out length wise.  She gets every other week baby massages.  She loves spending time with her Daddy, too!!

I apologize for not blogging more often, but it's gotten a little busier around here now :)
I posted a bunch of blogs today.  Hope you enjoy catching up!!

No comments: