May 25, 2010

Family Day




Last Sunday Jim's work had a "family day" where all the family members get to come to a picnic and meet everyone. Thomas loves playing with his friend, Taylor. Her Daddy works with Jim, so we see her a lot. Thomas loved playing on the playground equipment, eating carne asada and hitting the pinata. He discovered that if you throw sand up, it lands on you.......that's why a bath felt good that night. Fire season has started and Jim is already in Arizona on a fire. Thomas isn't quite sure where Daddy is and asks about him often. He's too young so I just tell him "Daddy's at work." I know he's going to be so happy when Jim gets home in 2 weeks. I'm use to the wildland firefighter's wife life, and now Thomas is learning what it's like to be a wildland firefighter's son.

No comments: