June 2, 2010
See......See (look up in the sky)
So I have carried on a family tradition for our son, from my mom. When we were little, during the summer we'd go get an ice cream cone at McDonald's then go to the airport to watch the airplanes. No, not the San Diego airport, the local airport with the firefighting airplanes. It was fun to watch the airplanes take off and land. So as much as Thomas loves airplanes, I have discovered how much he enjoys riding in the car to the airport to watch the airplanes. So today, we took our water and a snack out to visit some of the people who work out there. We sat on the patio and Thomas was so excited to see the airplanes land and take off. He also noticed a sprinkler that was watering the grass. He'd run over to it, stand there and then run right back. He was loving it. Well there was a fire dispatch and our friends had to leave. So we got in the car and parked outside the airport to watch the firefighting planes take off. Thomas just kept saying "NNNNAAAAAOOOOWWW" (that's what his airplanes say). As they left, so did we. I looked back a few minutes later to see our little boy, sound asleep and snoring. I hope he has good memories of Mommy taking him to the airport, just like I have of my Mom doing that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment